Monday, December 27, 2010

It's High Time for a Better Mario and Zelda Collection

I recently got a copy of Super Mario All-Stars, but aside from a soundtrack and booklet, it's basically the same old SNES version sans Super Mario World (as some versions did). Not that I'm unhappy: I'm glad I can play 2D classic Super Mario on my Wii legally. I used to have the Homebrew Channel but I removed it as Nintendo could delete it/make updates to homebrew, and besides, I now have a computer that can play ROMs well.

But I think that SMAS wasn't the best solution. I think that the Wii version of SMAS should've not only included Super Mario World but also Super Mario 64, plus a demo of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Of course, if I did that, it would basically render my VC copy of SM64 worthless and the save files immobile (unless they managed to integrate a handy import tool).

The Legend of Zelda faces another problem (but it has a 25th in a 2011, so...): Throwing the console Zeldas in would be nice. The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition had the NES and N64 games (nevermind that the emulation on Majora's Mask crashed, rendering the game hard to win) but it would be a crime not to throw in A Link to the Past, and I miss the original Game Boy Zeldas.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment