Friday, December 31, 2010

Carbonizer-TWR End of Year Post

Remember back in December 31, 2009, how I made some predictions for 2010, back at Two Way Roads?

Here's what happened:
Twitter will go the way of Pet Rocks.
Sadly no. Give it another year or so.

No retail giants will fall.
Fortunately I WAS RIGHT. Nothing new appeared this year: nothing to functionally fill the gap of Mervyn's (except more Kohl's and Forever 21), Gottschalk by Joe Levy hasn't appeared yet, and the fabled "Internet catalog showroom" is still up for grabs. bigg's however, patriarch of the practically defunct Forest Fair Mall, was bought out and converted to Remke Markets bigg's, a grocery-only operation. Furthermore, some malls DID die: the last of my "Labelscar Dead Mall Favorites", Palm Beach Mall and Northwest Plaza are gone except for a few outside-entrance stores.


The Angus burgers at McDonald's will cease to exist. So will their Dollar Menu.
Again, not yet.

OSx86 hackers will get 10.6 to run on Windows.
Well, what I meant was Mac OS X 10.6 to run on non-Macintosh computers, and yes, I was right.


• The Wii will make it or break it.
Sales are slowing down, but it's still popular. Not a really killer game though.

• TWR will come out with a great post.
Sure! Just browse the updates.

• TWR will get at least five comments.
Low expectations get results!

I didn't expect to actually shut down Two Way Roads though. I suppose the lack of coherent posts, poor publicity, and schizophrenic posting schedule probably killed it. But I'm just guessing.

I never got to do the last few Spirit of 2005 posts, though. I was to do Popular Mechanics (that can be saved for another day), nor my original ending post. This was originally scheduled to be a The Spirit of 2005 post, featuring a Simtropolis lot that blows sky-high within real-life minutes.

In real life, I never got around to SimCity 4 building (still no Windows on the MacBook folks, wait a week or so), but I did build my blog repertoire to include College Station Roads and Retail which has been oddly overlooked by my local city's population.

I have a few projects up my sleeve, so maybe we'll see something neat in 2011.

(it IS 2011 for those on the East Coast)

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment