Re-installed Windows again, which was a pain. If you read my previous posts (click the "windows" tag at the bottom of the page), I give my trials and tribulations. After reformatting the BOOTCAMP drive created by Boot Camp to NTFS (reformat, not convert), Windows Update didn't work at all, so after connecting it to Ethernet (it can't use the wireless without SP3), I eventually tracked down this with a woefully out of date version of Internet Explorer. It was a pain, but I did it. You also have to run Boot Camp twice (before and after SP3) since there's some essential SP3-only stuff.
Happily, I was able to get Evil Genius running again with my files intact.