Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Video games 2012

Well, given what I said two years ago, how have I done in playing video games?

Right. So I did play and beat EarthBound that last summer, and Link to the Past in spring, but still not Ocarina of Time. I would pick it up every few months, play a bit, and quit, so a year later, I would be one dungeon ahead. But it's better now, and I'm now in Water Temple, after blazing through Forest Temple and Fire Temple. Chrono Trigger was done last summer IIRC, and I replayed it to the point to try to get the Developer's Ending (or at least a different one). Either way, I'll try to save Lara's legs each time (and don't forget to hit "A" to get rid of the dialog box). (It's also worth noting that in the prototype, you can't save her)

While I never played Mother III very far, partly because it didn't look very good played on a huge screen, and partly due to the fallout I had with Starmen.net), I haven't eliminated it from the list.

In the meantime (between 2010 and now), I beat other games, including (deep breath), Scribblenauts, Super Scribblenauts, Beneath a Steel Sky, Portal, Machinarium, Braid, Plants vs. Zombies, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (long time coming, had it since at least 12/10--too many fetch quests), Super Mario RPG, TeenAgent (yeah, it was a GOG freebie), Eversion (not 100%--but I got all the gems), and VVVVVV.

Final Fantasy III I finally picked up, but it's slow going--I never got into quite the way I did with CT. Evil Genius is going well enough, but I need to hold off on it, because I've played way too much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment