Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Non-Human Death

I haven't dealt with a personal death in a long time, not since my grandfather died in summer 2008 (and my writing's gotten a lot better since then). While it wasn't the death of a person I knew closely--and I'm thankful for that--it did involve a friendly old tomcat who resided between Heldenfels (a common building at A&M which I visited many times) and the Evans Library (also one of my favorite haunts). He would be in his normal place in the garden, he was "officially" a "feral" cat even though he was neutered and got vaccinations, and he was extremely tame, better than my cat, even (maybe I shouldn't have teased her so). If you held out a treat, he would eat it out of your hand WITHOUT taking gnawing at your finger.

And now ol' Bisbee's gone. He won't be back next semester in the garden outside Biological Sciences Building East.

I resolve to no longer tease my cat, and also keep her well-fed.

In lighter news, I managed to get a controller working with Snes9x, as talked about yesterday. There's hope for bigger things!

No comments:

Post a Comment