Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Viva la iPod

After a four month stint, the jailbreaking experiment is over due to the problems in that post and others (wrong clock time, problem loading Safari, shorter battery life, etc.). It was restored and is now back to normal.

But was it worth it? Well, yes. Remember, the original point was to convert the iPod into a lean, mean, games-playing machine, and in the process, I realized that the iPod just wasn't meant for games. I had installed Bugdom 2 after restoring it, a Pangea game that I had got for free a while back (it was released on the Mac in the early 2000s) and I realized that not only did have horrible controls, there was a bit of lag, just hammering home the point that the iPod really wasn't a games machine, no matter how many times analysts were saying this or that.

Even videos weren't all that great. I took off most of the videos, simply because I had either already seen them, they take up too much space, the iPod isn't an optimal viewing experience (the novelty wears off quickly), and I have YouTube (which now works again).

For a brief minute, my iPod felt NEW again, and it felt great. Sure, I'd like to get one of the newer ones (camera, iPhone capability, retina display, something that can run Ghost Trick), but for now, my late 2009 model will do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment