Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pokémania: Early Game Memories

The memories I had in question involved my cousin getting Pokémon Blue in Christmas 1999 or 2000...I don't remember, crossing over into my old memories of first playing with my brother (for us, it was the Yellow version).

- The "weird tree" in Viridian City was a source of mystery. Upon checking it, we found a Potion. So was the Potion the weird tree? Who knows? One thing became clear though later: it was an invisible item.

- Was the Viridian Forest supposed be inside a giant building? That was one theory we had at first.

- My cousin (who was a year younger than me) ended up wasting all his Pokéballs in a Pokémon battle. Whoops.

- My brother transferred over one of his more powerful Pokémon to my cousin, only to find that it didn't listen to him...you have to earn badges to have higher-level Pokémon listen to you.

- Where was the Viridian gym leader?

- "Smell you later" was a line I remember.

- The Pokémon Center sound effect was pretty cool.

- Pikachu can't face Brock's Rock Pokémon.

- You can see the Space Shuttle Columbia in the upper level of the Pewter Museum, which exploded in 2003.

Thanks for letting me share some of my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment