Friday, February 4, 2011

Google Translate Got Better

About a year ago, I tested out Google Translate.

It's gotten a lot better.

Here is the original text of a 2009 Two Way Roads post:
It turns out the fireworks stand we always went to is gone, which was heresy. Because there was a burn ban on 7/4, I wanted to compensate. Plus it was a new decade. Having New Years without fireworks is like Christmas without a tree, a birthday without cake, babies without diaper-changing, and presidential elections without Ralph Nader. The party went well. The low points came when my baby cousin kept calling for me but she really didn't care when I came. The second low point...I wanted to use the computer in my room, so I went in to get my chair back (it was "borrowed" for Rock Band). When I came back, four people were in my room. Thankfully, they were my cousins, not destroying my things, and being quick-and-decent. A similar case otherwise would probably involve fancy swordplay.

Translated into English into Spanish and back again, 2010:
It turns out that the fireworks are always going to be gone, that was heresy. Because there was a ban on burning 7 / 4, wanted to offset. Furthermore it was a new decade. View New Year without fireworks is like Christmas without a tree, a birthday without cake, babies, without changing diapers, and the presidential election, not Ralph Nader. The party went well. The lowest point came when my baby cousin was calling for me, but she really did not mind when I arrived. The second lowest point ... I wanted to use the computer in my room, so I went to get my chair (which was "borrowed" for Rock Band). When I returned, four people were in my room. Fortunately, they were my cousins, not destroy my things, and be quick and decent. A similar case would otherwise probably invented by the sword.

Translated into English into Spanish and back again, 2011:
It turns out that the fireworks are always went to is gone, that was heresy. Because there was a burn ban 7.4, wanted to compensate. Besides it was a new decade. Having the New Year without fireworks is like Christmas without a tree, a birthday without cake, without changing babies diapers, and the presidential election without Ralph Nader. The party went well. The lowest point came when my baby cousin was calling to me, but she really did not care when I arrived. The second lowest point ... I wanted to use the computer in my room, so I went to get my chair back (it was "borrowed" for Rock Band). When I returned, four people were in my room. Luckily, they were my cousins, not to destroy my things, and be quick and decent. A similar case is otherwise likely to involve swordplay class.

Looking back, my original wording was pretty awkward. Point is, Google Translate has gotten better (and so have my posts)

No comments:

Post a Comment