Saturday, February 19, 2011

Food Post

First off, H-E-B no longer seems to be carrying "You'd Think It's Butter" (which replaced the old H-E-B Margarine, and no, it doesn't taste like the name brand it's parodying), possibly on the order of a new non-transfat rule made by a certain unnamed Presidential administration. It had the right blend of vegetable oil (70%), which I can't find elsewhere, except for Kroger's "Butter It's Not" (I hope they still carry it)

On the other hand, I made an awesome brownie recipe from Bon Appétit, it was my first recipe from them, and all I had to do was buy two packages of walnuts, not expensive meats, spices I've never heard of, or anything from an Asian market, because the only Asian grocery store in town (not counting the small, Vietnamese-focused one which I've never been to) is small and dirty.

Also, there was a commercial for "Frosted Mini-Wheats Touch of Fruit in the Middle", which isn't quite Fruit-Wheats (and yes, I did reply to one comment regarding it, and yes, I realize my username is misspelled).

All in all, pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment