Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pokémania: Continuation of an old concept

One of my "aborted plans" of Two Way Roads, or at least, didn't pan out the way I wanted, was Pokémania, a series of Pokémon-themed posts that paid homage to Pokémon, the early days at least, and was named after my imagined website that would be the ultimate site. Of course, it was mostly inspired off the sites that are pretty much so altered from their original domain names even that they're not remotely the same today: Pokémasters.com is now just forums, the main site now gone. In the distant past (gosh, almost 10 years ago now), "Pokemasters.net" was the forum part of the section. Pojo's Pokémon was my main one after Pokémasters downscaled in late 2001. Surprisingly, the original URL is still active, and the current site resembles much of the original site. There was also Pokéschool, which is still around but very much changed.

I started playing a Pokémon Yellow ROM (my Game Boy Advance SP doesn't play regular GB games anymore) and the nostalgia came rushing back to me.

After thinking about it a bit more, what I did was create a new blog, entitled So Long, Pikachu, about fans who grew up. I don't quite know what to do with it, though. It has potential, but I still feel I could post nostalgia here. What was some specific nostalgia?

I'll tell you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment