Saturday, December 14, 2013

Notes on yesterday

- Watched Thor: The Dark World. Disregarding the fact that movies tend to screw up somehow when I'm watching them in theaters (they didn't get the sounds and lights correct for the first 10 minutes), another of the post-Avenger films just doesn't seem to be as great as the previous ones. Sure, there were some great moments (better than Iron Man 3, I felt--which I didn't care for) but I felt that the stinger (Loki faking his own death and replacing Odin) mucked with the happy ending and good sacrifice of Loki, though in fairness, he did save Thor and Jane.

- Played The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I discovered an old save file from 2005 of mine but I decided to go for a new file (honestly, I never got past anything beyond landing in the Forsaken Fortress). Like Ocarina of Time, all the major plot elements have been spoiled, but it's a blast. And with the release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, it becomes timely as well!

- Tried "Thai Kitchen: Pad Thai" microwave dish, which I wanted to try since I got it with a bunch of other food items for my birthday a few months back. Despite obvious warning signs, such as overwhelmingly negative reviews on Amazon, the noodles smelling like Play-Doh, and a few other facts, it created a foul smell in the microwave, and I tossed it. The contingency plan: a fully-loaded baked (microwaved) potato worked better.

- Learned the sad fate of MobyGames and how its new corporate owner botched the site layout (unchanged since '99 and a bit dated, but it worked and worked well). It's a shame, because it was comprehensive, well-known, and other alternatives are awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment