Monday, December 24, 2012

Figured out one thing

One of the things that drive me bonkers (in a generally good way, given that I'm a slightly crazy person) is where I've seen something and can't find it again. I told you about that crazy abandoned railroad in the Southern military base--still AWOL. But I have found something else--years ago, possibly about 7-9 years at this point, I remember going home from a barbecue in Gatesville (my first and last time eating goat. I would've preferred a steak), I passed by on the way home a side view of Montgomery Ward. It was gone at that point, but the sign remained intact, and it sat empty.

Since then, I've tried to figure out where it was. And I went by it again, and hardly noticed. I had even gone to the strip center's H-E-B just yesterday, but the fact that the Kohl's was Montgomery Ward makes total sense. Same side of the road, same orientation, and the reason I saw it is because the highway was different at that point (the highway was not limited access like today). It also had a Weiner's, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment