Sunday, June 17, 2012

Python

Ashamed of the crap I've let build up. Random scans, stuff I pulled off my desktop, et cetera, et cetera.

Anyway, I tried Python for the first time (which I should've done two years ago). A simple command:

% python
>>>Print ('Hello world!')



and got this in Terminal and Python Launcher:

Last login: Sun Jun 17 12:00:35 on ttys001
cd '/Users/*/Documents/Python/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Users/*/Documents/Python/helloworld.py' && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
*-MacBook:~ *$ cd '/Users/*/Documents/Python/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Users/*/Documents/Python/helloworld.py' && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
File "/Users/*/Documents/Python/helloworld.py", line 1
% python
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
*-MacBook:Python *$


So I have an error. A syntax error, but I don't know what. I followed my Python book exactly...

Note: because I like to keep my privacy, my first name is marked with a *.

No comments:

Post a Comment