Sunday, May 6, 2012

On applying for a job

I want to get a job this summer. The local H-E-B doesn't seem to have any positions open yet, so I decided to apply for a job at Kroger instead, my second option. Besides a local chain that's in Bryan, there's no major supermarket that's not Walmart. And while admittedly I never got actually into the H-E-B application process, I didn't want to do the Kroger one because they wanted my full Social Security Number fairly early on in the application process. It's not enough to give them my address, my phone number, all previous jobs, if I have legal right to work in the U.S., if I have any criminal history, et cetera. They want my full Social Security Number (no "last four digits" or whatever) and they haven't granted me a single interview yet, much a less a job. I mean, the nerve of those people!

No comments:

Post a Comment