Friday, May 4, 2012

Damage Report / Summer Preview

Well, looks like my MacBook's hard drive is going to fail any day now...signs are increasingly looking like the entire hard drive is going to fall apart, and I can't even back up the Windows drive without it getting a kernel panic (I can't boot up into Windows).

Stuff I'll lose will include the full Windows installation, which will be a lot less painful this time around since I took notes when I installed it. I'll lose SimCity 4 (also will have to be re-installed, along with the tools and updates), I might lose my Plants vs. Zombies data (if I remembered to sync it with the Cloud again), I'll have to reinstall ALL the Steam games I have (not that many, but hey), my BAT progress will be lost, my Python 2.3 install will have to be re-installed, Eversion's data is lost (and I was this close to 100% completion, too...grr...), Treasure Adventure Game is lost (never really got into it), GOG games are lost and will have to be re-installed (they were sent over to Boxer on the Mac side and saved), I Wanna Be The Guy is lost. WinAmp and its .usf plug-in is lost. SimCity 3000 Unlimited and the city I worked hard on is lost. That version of Carmen Sandiego from the mid-1990s that never worked because it required an obsolete version of QuickTime...eh, who cares.

BUT! The big news that although Carbonizer won't do anything for the summer, what WILL be happening is Two Way Roads, the "original blog" which has been mostly inactive, will come back to life with a new post (and hopefully many more following), a new theme, and maybe a new look...provided Google doesn't screw over us bloggers with their "new Blogger interface". In, Around, and About Brazos Valley will continue to post and work through updating posts. Carbonizer, of course, will still be here, mostly posting in a quieter manner. This is my blog, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment