Monday, April 16, 2012

Remains of the week

- Ron Paul came to campus last week. While I do have sympathy for libertarian causes (a lot of them do make sense), it didn't help that the stereotypical libertarian crusaders were out in full force, including a particularly angry guy with a huge sign that said "I LOVE RON PAUL except for foreign policy I LOVE JESUS except for loving your neighbors". He was the one screaming that the "same rich people who support Obama support Romney" and "George Carlin was right about this country", except using lots of expletives that we don't use on Carbonizer. It's people like these that make libertarianism unable to gain a huge momentum in the country, and people like these that make the Occupy movement seem like nice and sane Americans.

- I have no major problems with the Dining Services being 98% minority (yeah, really), but please, be able to understand English. It keeps the lines moving, and people from getting frustrated.

- I was contemplating Lion and moving on like a Good Mac User, but in addition to losing my favorite apps (including those that their superior versions were Carbonized, and the Mac OS 9 versions would, at best, be a replacement). More practically, I thought about my parent's frustration with it.

- Given that my GBA hasn't ruined the ribbon cable yet, I found a replacement case for $9.99, considering that's way cheaper than other used GBA stuff. Sounds like a great future project.

No comments:

Post a Comment