Saturday, April 7, 2012

Goodbye, GBA SP

I got my Game Boy Advance SP for Christmas 2005, but it met a fatal ending last night minutes before midnight. After a futile attempt at the Elite Four again (in Pokémon Yellow), I tossed it off my bed (which is only a foot or so above the ground) and maybe it was the headphone adapter plugged in, but it cracked in several places, pulling it apart if it opened or closed, and there's a crack under the screen that I can't access.

So that means I can't play games on it, essentially, and it needs to be replaced. I could play the old Game Boy games on the Game Boy Color with its terrible screen and crummy speakers, and the GBA games on the DS, but that's not really the same thing. This means that it needs to be replaced. It's not terribly urgent, however (maybe next weekend at the earliest) and its not like I don't have other games to play (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time NEEDS to be beaten). Either way, it is time to put Pokémon dormant again, even though I have plans once I get everything working...

- Reset the Cinnabar Gym and beat Blaine multiple times for experience, money, and his TM (also to sell)
- Go through Pokémon Mansion for experience, items, and more money
- Use GameShark to be able to buy Rare Candy, and also use it to catch Mew at Level 50
- Replace Mr. Mime with Mew, Moltres with Flareon, and Venusaur with Snorlax
- Upgrade Snorlax to Level 50 (at least), Flareon to Level 55, and Pikachu to Level 60
- Teach Flareon an awesomely powerful Fire-type movement (also with GameShark)
- Make sure I have nine Lemonades, five Full Heals, three Max Potions, and four Revives before facing the Elite Four

Ultimately the plan is to catch all 151 (assisted with GameShark, of course), making certain duplicates and catching new copies of Pokémon, then moving onto Crystal and beginning the journey anew. Crystal will get Pokémon back from Yellow via Time Machine (they might come with items).

In other news, I'm putting The Lost Vikings dormant, gonna give Machinarium an occasional shot, and focus on The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks in terms of portability (and of course Zelda 64).


EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand while tooling around with GameShark trying to get said Mew, I ended up wiping my file. I made a backup on the Mega Memory Card not too long ago, but that's a lot of lost ground (I think I need to try Blaine and Giovanni again). Yup, I can DEFINITELY wait about getting my Game Boy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment