Wednesday, August 10, 2011

iMac Disassembly, Part One

I'm finally disassembling my old iMac G3 to be converted into a stand-alone case computer, and unlike my old Performa 550, the iMac G3 (now about 11 years old) has a future destined for it that's not the recycling center. Using a real Apple disassembly guide, I unscrewed several screws. This is my story.







This part wasn't so hard. I was able to unscrew these, and if I was adding RAM, this would be the way how to do it.





Screws on top were removed.







And here's where things got sticky. I've got it so I've removed the two screws on the very top, removed the video port cover, and undid the four screws inside there. So, I'm trying to take off the case, but I don't want to hurt the area where the CD and speakers are. As you can see, I can one or two fingers in there.





Please reply here or on the Macintosh Garden thread, where I have posted toward the bottom (Temporary Joe).

No comments:

Post a Comment