Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Google is a BIG JERK

Up until recently, Google seemed like it could do no wrong. I mean, there have been many problems: I didn't like their first Maps redesign, I didn't like their redesigns of the Google Main Page, or YouTube, or Google Earth, but hey, nothing can remain the same forever. But it was today when I tried to access the Archive Search, a little oft-forgotten page that provided access to the newspapers (http://news.google.com/archivesearch), when it redirected to the Google page. It wasn't until now that I discovered that they shut down the project months ago. Basically, those papers are still there, but far harder to search. Today, as Google trumpets the arrival of Google +, their competition to Facebook, just you wait: Facebook was once as clean and nice (if not better) than Google + is now.



See? I told you this was all a bad idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment