Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tutoring rehab

I haven't posted on this blog in a month, probably because I'm busy with other things (even my other blog hasn't seen a real update in half a month--and that's unusual). Like I said before, I am now regretting that I wanted to go to Organic Chemistry II, because I'm holed up with all sorts of dreadful homework that I can't understand very well.

It's also difficult because last semester I sucked at my class until I went to a local tutoring company to improve my grade. It worked, but now I'm no longer going to it, primarily because of two reasons, the first of which because I used to just be able to bike across University Drive to it, and have dinner options close by (Taco Bell, McDonald's, Fat Burger, and a Cajun food place), but now it's a good several blocks outside of campus in an area generally antagonistic to cyclists like me (narrow sidewalks, hills) with no reasonably priced options around. My professor in Organic Chemistry II (who somehow is not crazy, evil, incompetent or incomprehensible) says that the tutoring places don't teach you how to learn, just how to pass tests, which is somewhat true, and sooner or later, you'll have to learn on your own. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that most of my contemporaries are pre-med, and they'll have to face no longer going sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment