Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Late Night Currently Playing

Yes, Currently Playing has returned after a long hiatus. Not that I haven't been playing games, mind you, but I've done some reading and picked up a half-abandoned game list that was basically a Word version of the long-abandoned Backloggery list (needs pruning itself) and converting it into a fine Excel spreadsheet with publisher information and release dates. Highlighted were the games I needed/were playing.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time should and will get some time in this Spring Break. It is on the Wii as a Virtual Console item.

The Lost Vikings is fun, playing it in Snes9x.

Klondike is solitaire. I waste too much time on it.

Machinarium, I remembered fondly from last summer, and wanted to pick it up again, only to realize I needed to play some sort of board game with another robot and I remembered why I stopped playing. I got some hints (block the robot until he tries to block yours, don't let him get 4 in a row, space yours out when you try to when, etc.) until I won.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks isn't in my DS because I spent time playing the DS version of The Urbz: Sims in the City, which is a huge time-waster but I had just bought it and knew there was more stuff in it than the GBA (larger screen size, too, but the touch screen interface is not very well-done). I had just bought it from the used video game store after selling two games I didn't want. I put the Urbz away and will play Spirit Tracks.

Pokémon Yellow is in my GBA SP. I just bought a GameShark to get things like Mew and Surfing Pikachu. I think I got the latter too early (Mt. Moon). I promise I won't take advantage of it (you know, going into Unknown Dungeon, all that jazz).

I am on the next to last level of Portal. Unfortunately, the person that helps me out in Portal when I'm stuck is J, who is out of commission (you know, he got married just last Saturday) so I'll have to take it on blind or wait for a weekend when J is up and around again.

Finally, I'm replaying VVVVVV again, to get more Trinkets and less deaths in less time. But can I do that? I mean, should I waste my life trying Veni, Vidi, Veci?. That is the only way to get 100% completion...

No comments:

Post a Comment