Monday, May 23, 2011

Junk and buried treasure

I have 250 items on my desktop. Time to clean them.

I could get rid of my hard copy of the many mustaches of Mario. I just got the "Dupond" and "Dupont" reference, it's Thomson and Thompson from the Tintin comics.

A redundant Toast image of an old kid's software program I copied to my file archive can go.

A weblink to something at the University of Alberta. May have used it for CAS numbers, but it redirects to "Wishart Research Group" now.

An "artsy" black-and-white of photo of me taken from Photo Booth. Also, one with me grinning like an idiot as I hold up a bottle of Saint Arnold Brewery Root Beer, with "Root" covered up.

A list of old gas stations in town. Decided to post it on In, Around, and About the Brazos Valley raw.

Another redundant weblink for college, another sign it's been months since I did anything.

A map of my bike route from my house to the local university. Should've been only temporary--it's only on my desktop because I sent it to my brother.

The many owners of Shredded Wheat (the version now made by Post)

Article on gourmet food trucks in Chicago. Also linked in this earlier Carbonizer! post.

A picture taken from Despair.com's "Lose Your Own Adventure", in which every ending is a loss (but to be fair, most of the original CYOA endings weren't pleasant)

A canned crossword puzzle idea. Ended up moving to "Aborted/On Hold Projects".

Dozens of screen captures, 80, to be accurate. A lot of them were from Macintosh applications I wanted to write about (and I admit I cheated on a few, Basilisk was finicky, so I used DOSBox for an image of SimCity 2000. I feel dirty)

Some of these screen captures featured Simtropolis as it was during "6.0". Now viewable here.

Another one was some now-demolished 1960s arches on a local building (viewable here)

There's a neat image of the old MKT right of way in Houston.

Imagine a train going down this way...it's east of the old line that paralleled I-10. This train could've easily passed it earlier that day.


Image of the old McDonald's sign near Splashtown. The original snapshot can be seen on this Carbonizer post.

Yet another screen capture, this time of Google's April Fool's Day prank with results in Comic Sans MS. See what it looked like at this link.

With all that, that brings the total Desktop items to 150 (instead of 257). Come back for another episode of Carbonizer Cleaning: there may be buried treasure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment