Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eggs and coffee

Disregarding my bad coffee experience this morning: in which I took a thing of hot water to school instead of coffee, then finding out, after an expensive cup, found they only had flavored coffee and decaf, and then finding out that decaf served in all institutions really does taste like they replaced ground coffee with fine dirt...I finally got home, made coffee (cheap coffee, but it still tasted better), and then a good "poached egg". Having failed at making a "real" poached egg multiple times (I even followed a recipe, including putting the egg in vinegar to firm up the white), I decided to take a large Pyrex container, filled it with a pint of water, cracked an egg in it, and put the thing in for 2 minutes and thirty seconds. It came out quite well: hard white, cooked but not yet solid yolk. Served on buttered toast with salt and pepper, it tasted quite good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment