Friday, October 19, 2012

Marooned in Northgate

Live from the Taco Bell parking lot!

So I was at lab at Texas A&M University. I had low hopes--I was failing and preparing to drop the class. So, after half-paying attention, there was a message on the intercom to evacuate campus immediately on foot. With my bike and car stuck in a university locked down, I had little choice of what do to.

So I did what any other 21+ student would do in a time like this: hit the bars! It was a Friday, no classes until Monday, and I had easy access to it. Of course, at the best-known watering hole, I ended up ordering an iced water (I was thirsty) but ended up getting a beer at another bar (although ended up consuming about 8 ounces of it). By the time I had eaten something (fried bacon at the "Daily Ruckus", which was disappointing) the novelty had worn off. I could probably get picked up, but then I would have no way to get my bike or car back...

1 comment:

  1. Beer and fried bacon! Can't get much healthier than that... :P

    ReplyDelete